Hello Mount Families! And HAPPY TUESDAY!
I pray this email finds you and yours well today.
As a Mount Family, we continue to pray for safety and healing for our community, our state, our country, and our world. It has only been two weeks since we last heard the laughter and chatter of our students in our building, but yet it seems so long ago. So much has changed in such little time.
As you know, the April 6th date is approaching, and it was the date we anticipated all returning to school. In watching the news daily, and now receiving Superintendent of Catholic Schools, Dr. Diane Floyd's email, it's quite certain now we will NOT be returning to school on that date.
Dr. Diane Floyd has sent all the Catholic school principals a letter to be sent out to our staffs and to our parent communities, and in her letter, she gives an explanation of how much longer we should anticipate being closed...."through the month of April." Dr. Floyd has taken into account the State and Federal guidelines in sheltering and in social distancing, and I admit, I greatly appreciate not only her awareness and priority to keep us all safe and healthy, but she also states it is her goal to get us back into our buildings. So I am thankful she and the Senior Staff of the Archdiocese have not simply closed school for the rest of the school year! Dr. Floyd's letter is attached.
Therefore, the Distance Learning Program for The Mount will continue through the month of April. Fondly, I must share with you that many of the teachers and students have commented how wonderful it is to "see" one another, even if for only a bit and "from a distance"!!! Thank you, Parents and Families, for making the effort to assist your children, our students, for the sake of continued learning. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please reach out to me or to our teachers. During this challenging transition of "schooling," we all must realize that for the continued success and growth of our students, we must all have patience, perseverance, flexibility, courage, and definitely.....a sense of humor through these chaotic times we now live.
Additionally, being the optimist I am, I have not yet cancelled Baccalaureate and Graduation. But I did cancel Prom. At this point, I would rather say that I'm considering "postponing and rescheduling" Baccalaureate and Graduation, two very special events. In hopes that we do return in May, it's not even for certain that we would even be able to gather in large groups such as these two events involve, but let's pray for the best to happen! How about even rescheduling Prom? A resounding YES!!!
Blessings to all of you.....and God bless....
"Our Lady of Mercy.....PRAY FOR US!