Easy Ways to Help Keep Our Students Healthy
(and teach them how to better protect themselves)
- Wash your hands often throughout the day for 20 seconds (especially prior to eating, after using the restroom and after sneezing/coughing).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away.
- Store bottles and coolers with lids off. This allows them to properly dry out. Mold likes dark and damp places. Do not allow mold to find a home in coolers and bottles.
- Athletes are not to put their mouth on the team provided water bottles. This is how sickness runs through a team. Also athletes are not to take the lid off and drink from the bottle itself. This is also unacceptable.
- Athletes should bring their own personal water bottle from home. This ensures that they are not sharing any germs unnecessarily.
- Wash team sports bottles every 3-5 days. You can take them home and put them in the dishwasher or mix a simple bleach solution (2 tablespoons bleach per 1 quart water). Remember to thoroughly rinse after using the solution.
- For additional information regarding the coronavirus please follow this link https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html