In the pictures below you will see the beautiful new serving line area, which was the old cafeteria. Also, you will see the brick inlay in one of the entry ways to the new cafeteria/commons area. These bricks are the original 1903 bricks that came from the 1920s building that served as a locker room, music room, and robotics room over the years! The details are really moving along.. more to come!
1)The new, HUGE, beautiful walk-in freezers are IN!
2)The flooring in the main building is going in the last week of December! Right now, the floor is leveled concrete and has been prepped for the Terazzo flooring.
3)The drywall is up throughout the majority of the new building!
4) The new, HUGE bathrooms are tiled!
5) The bricks that were saved from the old annex building (old football locker room, music room.. and so on) are soon to be laid within the floor of the current new buildings hallway. This hallway connects the current building hallway to the new building!
If you haven't had a chance to stop by and see all of the recent progress on the building this fall, we have you covered! Enjoy a quick tour of our new building and the current projects inside!
1)Two temporary walls are being installed in senior hallway to prepare for all of the dust that comes with expanding the doorwars from the main building to the new building. These walls will help control dust.
(2) The new entry into the West back foors is nearly complete!
3)New range hood recently installed in the new, 2,000 square foot kitchen!
4) Inside view of the old cafeteria remodeled. This area will be the serving line area.
5)New bathrooms in the new commons area, directly under new SE outside plaza.
6) HVAC duct work going in over the beautiful new arch!
7) An inside view of the East arched entry of new building!
8) View of the west side of campus and new concrete walkway from student parking lot to new building.
9)Newly remodeled PLUSS classroom. This classroom is in senior hallway and use to be the "Senior Lounge".
10) View of the front corner of the current circle drive and of the two new outside plaza areas. This area will supply new parking for visitors for our new building and a space for outside dining.
Brick is going up all around the outside of the new building this week! It is really becoming easy to now see what the new building will look like now! Take a quick drive by the school soon and see for yourself.. it's beautiful!
June 12, 2017
We took a tour of the inside of the new building this week! The building has such a different, grand look from the inside! We are getting so excited for our Mount family to use this building daily.. SOON!
It's almost time for bricks! The west side of campus has an entirely new look. A new walk way is being created from the student parking lot to the new building. The new path is wide and creates a grand entrance to the new building! Also, it is easy to now see how the new building and the old cafeteria will mold together to become one. Stop by campus and take a look for yourself when you can, soon!
April 13, 2017
This week, we are seeing progress on the arch over the entrance of the new building!
We are starting to see the shape of the building! Right now, new steel is going up daily to create our beautiful new structure!
More and more steel going up every day! It's getting louder on campus... a good loud! Progress!
The progress from over the holidays is easy to see! Things are starting to take SHAPE!
Going... Going... UP.. the wall goes!
We are seeing a lot of movement this month and can't wait to see the progress when we come back from Christmas break!
BRING ON THE CONCRETE!
The look of the south side of campus is starting to change. The footings are VERY visible now and the concrete is beginning to be poured! WOOHOO! If you look closely in the pictures, you can see the outline of the new building! When we post next.. chances are you will see a lot of concrete!
We have new pipes! The sewage pipes are being installed this week and you can even see a bit of the building footprint. Up next, footings and a lot of demolition over fall break next month!
The rain has dried up and we are digging around here! The new sewer line should be going in very soon now...