- 9th Grade Application Process
- Cornerstone Program Application
- Transfer Student Application
- International Student Application
- Admission Policy
The early application process is for incoming freshmen to MSM. The application opens in December and closes in January each year. Each grade level is capped at a certain number of students to ensure small class sizes and an environment where Rocket students can truly experience community. Plan to apply during the early application process to ensure your spot!
The Early Application Process for the 2021-2022 school year will open in December 2020.
Questions? Contact Diane Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
The application process for the Cornerstone Inclusion Program will take place in two parts. All application materials for the General Application open on December 1 and are due to Mrs. Diane Wilson, MSM Admissions Coordinator by January 10.
1. General Cornerstone Program Application for Admission
2. Current Psychoeducational Testing (completed within the last 3 years)
3. Individualized Education Program (IEP) from current school
After a thorough review from the Admissions Committee, Part 2 could include but not be limited to:
1. Interview with the prospective student and family
2. Cornerstone Inclusion Team attending student’s IEP Transition Meeting at current school
3. Observation of the prospective student in their current educational placement
4. Two full day Shadow Visits are required for prospective student at Mount St. Mary High School
Final acceptance to Mount St. Mary Cornerstone Inclusion Program will be contingent upon all above requirements.
Contact Information Stacy Hawley, Director of Inclusive Education
631-8865 ext. 501, email@example.com
Mount St. Mary accepts transfer students at every grade level. Transfer applications are reviewed and accepted based upon current space availability.
Contact Diane Wilson, Director of Admissions today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about transferring into MSM!
Join the MSM family! For more information on the international student program at Mount St. Mary, contact Donna Williams at email@example.com
- Mount St. Mary Catholic High School will consider for admission any young person with adequate elementary school preparation regardless of race, creed, social status, or cultural background.
- A student will not be denied admission to the school because of a handicap unless this handicap seriously impairs the student's ability to successfully complete the school's academic program or unless the school cannot provide sufficient physical or educational care for the individual.
- Mount St. Mary retains the right to set local admission standards and policies.
Student's Records and Recommendations:
- A prospective student's transcript, test scores, and records concerning behavior and attendance are all considered in determining a prospective student's eligibility to enroll.
- All students and parents/guardians must complete questionnaires regarding the student's interests, attitudes, strengths, and challenges.
- Current teacher and school counselor recommendations are also requested.
Visiting the Campus:
- A visit/tour of the school by prospective parents and students is part of the enrollment process and may be accomplished through a guided tour, a shadow visit, participating in a Day at The Mount, or attending MSM Open House.
Based on the information provided, a student may be:
1. accepted unconditionally
2. accepted under contract with defined expectations, limitations, and consequences
3. accepted, either conditionally or unconditionally, but placed on a waiting list
4. denied admission.
A student becomes eligible to enroll only after he/she has been accepted for admission, (except in the case of those placed on a waiting list who become eligible to enroll when a place opens for them).