MSM School Code/CEEB Code 372675
Attention Rocket 2013-2014 seniors...while you go about your summer activities, consider adding some of these activities to your to-do list:
- Make a list of college campuses you would like to visit. Schedule visits by calling your prospective college’s admissions office. They can help you arrange an appointment. Make sure to take a list of questions with you. Remember, no question is “silly” or small.
- Take the ACT and the SAT. They are both graduation requirements for Mount St. Mary and they are both admissions tests for colleges and universities. Sign up for the ACT at www.actstudent.org. Sign up for the SAT at www.collegeboard.org.
- Research admissions criteria for the schools you are thinking of applying to. Compare your current ACT, SAT and GPA to see how you stack up. If you need to raise your scores, consider a test prep course. If your GPA is not quite where it needs to be, calculate if it is possible to reach your desired GPA with one more semester.
- Get a college calendar now. Organize and mark all application deadlines and any other dates that are applicable to you.
- Research scholarships and find out what you will need to apply for these scholarships.
- Update your resume. Be sure to include all volunteer and work experience, clubs and activities, classes and awards. Make copies and be ready to give them to the people who you would like to write your recommendation letters.
- If your resume is less than impressive, consider doing something to build it up. Volunteer for a charity close to your heart, get a part-time job, take a summer college course, etc.
- Decide where you would like to apply by the end of the summer. Sure, the list can change, but knowing a core group of places you want to apply will help the process go smoothly.
Doing these few things will ensure that you are on the right path and ready to start the crazy, exciting senior year. Have a great summer!!!