April 13, 2017
This week, we are seeing progress on the arch over the entrance of the new building!
We are starting to see the shape of the building! Right now, new steel is going up daily to create our beautiful new structure!
More and more steel going up every day! It's getting louder on campus... a good loud! Progress!
The progress from over the holidays is easy to see! Things are starting to take SHAPE!
December 16, 2016
Going... Going... UP the wall goes!
We are seeing a lot of movement this month and can't wait to see the progress when we come back from Christmas break!
November 17, 2016
BRING ON THE CONCRETE!
The look of the south side of campus is starting to change. The footings are VERY visible now and the concrete is beginning to be poured! WOOHOO! If you look closely in the pictures, you can see the outline of the new building! When we post next.. chances are you will see a lot of concrete!
October 27, 2016
Moving and shaking.. things are absolutely moving and happening around here! But, in the midst of all the shaking, our beautiful brick wall that was installed when the student parking lot was re-finished, has shaken a bit too much! This week, our construction company is putting the wall back together!
October 13 & 20, 2016
Things are happening around here! WOOHOO!
The footings have been poured and the piers are being installed. The layout of the building is really starting to become easy to see!
Flexibility has been our word around here these past two weeks. We aren't currently able to use the cafeteria, due to the cafeteria wall being torn down. Lunch is served in the auditorium for now. We are making the best of it and keeping our eye on the prize.. new builing.. new building!
October 6, 2016
• A lot of "little things" are going on right now to prepare us for the upcoming "big things"! It's an exciting time to watch the construction process. Stop by and catch a glance soon, if you can!
From our construction management team...
"Underground utilities are currently wrapping up with completion of this phase estimated to be 10/14. Piers and footings are scheduled to start on 10/13 and will be ongoing until approximately 11/11. The first signs of construction "coming out of the ground" will be structural steel, and it will start around the first of December and continue until the end of January."
September 29, 2016
- We have new pipes! The sewage pipes are being installed this week and you can even see a bit of the building footprint. Up next, footings and a lot of demolition over fall break next month!
September 22, 2016
- The rain has dried up and we are digging around here! The new sewer line should be going in very soon now...
September 15, 2016• Rain, Rain, GO AWAY... we want to finish our new building some day! It's been raining on campus, a lot. We are heading into day five of a rain delay. Things are pretty muddy around here!
• The next step in the process is to pour the footings for our new building! We can't wait to show you pictures of the footings, very soon!
September 8, 2016
• WE ARE GETTING A NEW SEWER LINE!
Not too exciting, huh? We think so!! It is part of the process and is causing quite the mess on the southwest side of campus. Our students are being directed around the mounds of dirt that are accumulating as the new pipes are installed. See the pictures below for a visual of our beautiful new sewer line!
September 1, 2016
August 25, 2016
• Demolition is complete and dirt has been brought to campus to prepare the grounds for new foundation.
• The south side of the MSM campus has a much more open look now! (see picture below)